Interview With Marita!

Cry Of The Wolf Metal Blog Interview section



Recently I had the opportunity to ask a few questions with Marita. Her passion and love of heavy metal blazes through in both her appearance and her killer 80's style metal music.
 
 
 
 
 



1. You're very active on Instagram and You tube, etc. How has this media outlet helped you as far as reaching new audiences?

It has hepled me a lot. I've already sold many albums, and I couldn't be more happy about the great suppoert I've gotten from fellow metalheads and 80s lovers.

2. We are living in an age of many female fronted metal bands. How do you feel about this? And do you see yourself as a role model?

I think it's great that women step up to the mic and takes the lead as the front-woman of a metal band. Female metalheads are sexy and the world needs more of us ;)

I hope that some fellow rock and metal chicks see me as a role model. I just want to show them that they must not hold back on who they are and who they want to be. You only got one life, and if you can't rock out and wear what you want and do what you want because you are afraid to let out your inner wild child out, then move shit around to get where you wanna be. I did, and I love my life and lifestyle.

3. Which bands have influenced you the most?

Lee Aaron, Lita Ford, Joan Jett, Judas Priest, Rainbow, Mötley Crüe, Guns N' Roses, Kiss, Alice Cooper, and 80s pop rock.
 

4. Your songs are very sexual. What turns you on the most? Where did the lyrics for "Cuff Me" come from?

I never considered my songs that sexual, but I guess the mix of some lines here and there, the sound and the image make them that way.

I'm very attracted to men with long hair, tight leather and just a sexy metal attitude. I saw Coverdale live with Whitesnake last week, and he really hit the switch, hahaha.

I came up with most of the lyrics to "Cuff Me" in a hotel room... I honestly don't remember how, it just came to me, like most lyrics do. I guess I was on a rock n' roll high, being excited about seeing Def Leppad and Judas Priest live.

5. What is it about metal that attracts you to it?

It's the greatest music on Earth! I love the heavyness, how the beats move you, how a band or a song can help you through things, set the mood and just, I don't know, I just love metal music with all my heart. I really found my soulmate yeeears back <3

And I also love the style and image that comes with it. "I wear leather, studs and black high heels. Nothing's better, 'cause I love how it feels". Leather gives me life, band tees make a statement and studs tell people not to fuck with you. More is more, Halford style.

6. Name one national act you would love to open for?

Judas Priest

7. Give us a run down on your latest release, track for track. What inspired the lyrics, the music, etc.

Marita - "Rough Stuff"

1. Hot Rockin' (Scream & Shout) - Heat, hell and getting hot and bothered (sexually or angry). We just really needed the ultimate 80s intro to this record.

2. Cuff Me - There will always be people who want to hold you back and "cuff you", telling you how to live your life. It might sound like a sexual song judging by the title and such, and it kinda is. The song is sexual in a way that people should be allowed to show that they are sexual and shouldn't be ashamed about it.

3. Independent Lady - I wrote this song in high school. I was a metalhead and a loner, having a hard time getting friends and fitting in. "I wanna rock it, I wanna roll, to get this bullshit out if my soul". Simply just another breaking free song to find your own way.

4. Rough Stuff - Badass femal metal power!

5. Fly Among The Stars - Kinda about me and how I just packed and left at the age of 16, trying to make it on my own. I haven't been completely on my own though, I've been in a fantastic relationship since that age, but we feel alone, and together we've been trying to make it, staying strong and fighting for what we want.

6. I Don't Give A Fuck About You - It's the juiciest middle finger to the word and it's boring people with their fucked up views and take on life.
Everyone needs a song like this! It's the ultimate attitude song; if the world gives you attitude, fight back and play it loud!

7. Let Me Go - Another "young girl" lyric from back in high school. I really had a hard time fitting in, being accepted for who I was and wanted to be. Just because I didn't listen to what was "in" and wore bright and happy colors didn't make me a freak. Still doesn't. I take pride in being independent, trying to do things my way, the high way. And I can't stand when people won't let me do so. "Why can't you see, I will make it through the day. I'm not you, and I'll never be - Let go of me".

8. Bikini Cleopatra - It's about the stereotype bitch. She thinks she got it all, got it made, just because of her looks, using it to get what she wants without caring about other peoples' feelings. Looks fade, so when all you're left with is an ugly perosnality, then what?

The music on this record, and future recordings, are inspired by my favorite hard rock and heavy metal bands. And the 80s. I'm trying my best to bring back the sound and style from this era.

8. What inspires you the most?

My favorite bands (Judas Priest, Mötley Crüe, Dio, Megadeth, Whitesnake, Iron Maiden, Kiss and Def Leppard, and many more), the 80s - the music, movies and style.
Also, my will to fight back, ignoring "Janteloven" and what other people think and want from me. I always have, and always will, enjoy doing the opposite of what I'm told. "I don't have an attitude problem, it's you that got a problem with my attitude, and that's your problem".
And. hard times, good times, love and lust.

9. What is the oddest song in your personal audio collection?

"She Wants More" with Slaughter. It always makes me laugh! Do-do-do-do-do-do-dooooo!

10. Metallica or Megadeth?

Megadeth

11. Ozzy or Dio?

Dio
 

12. How would you rate the local scene for music and original bands?

It sucks! Fuck it, fuck it in the ass! ZERO possibilty for new bands to get a shot.

13. Where can fans buy your stuff?

My album as audio tracks is available at iTunes and Amazon, and other music selling shops. I'm also selling hard copies (email me at marita_wild_cat@hotmail.com to order one), and soon I'll have t-shirt prints and other stuff up on Redbubble.com.

14. Your instagram is loaded with rock t-shirts. How many band t-shirts do you have?

I lost count, but at least 200+. If I haven't thrown out some over the years, I probably would have had more than 250. I just made an Instagram account dedicated to my band tee collection called @a.band.tee.a.day - that will be a fun project throughout the year and longer.



 



Popular posts from this blog

LOVEBITES interview for CRY OF THE WOLF MAGAZINE

Metal Blade announces new ARCH/MATHEOS album

DAVE MUSTAINE INTERVIEW