Cry Of The Wolf Magazine Interviews Troy Norr of THEM





     The night had fallen around me as I watched the stars cross the sky. I Felt the humidity rise as a small warm breeze rustled the tress, and brought in a hint of  bug spray... and death. The night belongs to those who fear little and wander beyond the light of the sun. The night is when musicians pack their gear and approach the stage with a communal reverence like the pagans of old. The phone rings and I know The person on the other end also belongs to the night. He who was born of the King Diamond nightmare world. But I digress, here is the tale as it was told to me, you may not believe all of it but I know it is true...I was there...

Troy Norr relates quickly how his band, THEM, is not a King Diamond clone band.
      "while we pay homage to King. This is not a clone band. Without King there would be no band of course. He is my main influence. But this band is different sounding and possibly even heavier."
Troy will be singing every night once his tour begins again in Europe In September and October. The album should be finished and released by 2018-2019.

Pick up your copy of SWEET HOLLOW now and experience it for your self. as for me, I hung up the phone....the night seemed to grow darker. A strange mist had arisen. I thought I heard something..strange, dragging footsteps...but they were gone. I retired to the comfort of my home but always keeping a wary eye on the shadows just outside my window.....

During the performance there are many theatrics involved including coffins, grave yard props, and even actors and actresses who perform in concert with the band. Troy Norr has his own persona  transformed into a twisted mask of a character (actual half face mask).The music is pure power metal with all the hallmarks of a perfect sounding heavy metal act. Add in the visual performances and this is a band and a show you cannot miss.
     " I actually sing with my right eye closed and my mouth twisted and distorted to match the characters image.The last 3 shows I have actually started to glue my eye shut. The costume and prosthetics are hot.During my time as a King Diamond tribute band the hardest part was the makeup but this outfit is hotter and harder to do"

K.K.Foster is the name of his onstage persona with THEM. Sweet Hollow is album one of three.Norr has detail plans for the entire trilogy. 
     "Supposed to be theatrical. More horror theatrics than rocky horror picture hsow. Music will always be number one. The idea is to do 3 records with the same format.The 2nd record will be heavier. The first one is sweet hollow. So 3 records with one  story line.

Troy Norr is a former member of bands like COLDSTEEL and the aforementioned King Diamond Tribute band. He spoke of a the time he got to meet his idol in person.
     "In 2015 I met King Diamond backstage. It was October in New York. I had a V.I.P. to king's dressing room. I was introduced and actually sang " A Mansion In Darkness" for him. That is my favorite song."
And King's reaction?
     "He chuckled and said, "That's good, now try doing that every night".

Troy will be singing every night once his tour begins again in Europe In September and October. The album should be finished and released by 2018-2019. Find them On all social media channels

Pick up your copy of SWEET HOLLOW now and experience it for your self. as for me, I hung up the phone....the night seemed to grow darker. A strange mist had arisen. I thought I heard something..strange, dragging footsteps...but they were gone. I retired to the comfort of my home but always keeping a wary eye on the shadows just outside my window.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOVEBITES interview for CRY OF THE WOLF MAGAZINE

Metal Blade announces new ARCH/MATHEOS album

DAVE MUSTAINE INTERVIEW